The Hitchhiker's Guide Project
- Support this site—Buy from Amazon
A curious game which involves suddenly hitting people for no readily apparent
reason and then running away. "Let's be blunt, it's a nasty game,"
says The Hitchhiker's Guide to the
The rules are as follows:
- Rule One: Grow at least three extra legs. You wont need them,
but it keeps the crowds amused.
- Rule Two: Find one extremely good Brockian Ultra Cricket player.
Clone him off a few times. This saves an enormous amount of tedious selection
- Rule Three: Put your team and the opposing team in a large field
and build a high wall around them. The reason for this is that, though the
game is a major spectator sport, the frustration experienced by the audience
at not actually being able to see whats going on leads them to imagine
that its a lot more exciting than it really is. A crowd that has just
watched a rather humdrum game experiences far less life affirmation than a
crowd that believes it has just missed the most dramatic event in sporting
- Rule Four: Throw lots of assorted items of sporting equipment over
the wall for the players. Anything will do cricket bats, basecube bats,
tennis racquets, skis, anything you can get a good swing with.
- Rule Five: The players should now lay about themselves for all they
are worth with whatever they find to hand. Whenever a player scored a hit
on another player, he should immediately run away as fast as he can and apologize
from a safe distance. Apologies should be concise, sincere, and, for maximum
clarity and points, delivered through a megaphone.
- Rule Six: The winning team shall be the first team that wins.